Tuesday, January 27, 2009

woo cleaning!

Every so often I get urges to clean things really thoroughly, and I just spent the last two and a half hours scrubbing down the bathroom I share with my two male roommates (somehow I got stuck on the guys' floor!). It really, really needed cleaning - I hadn't done it since probably right after Halloween and I doubt the guys did much since then. I got super stressed and busy with finals and grad school, then I went home, and for the last week I've had a ton of stuff to do. It was really nasty.

I'm allergic to most cleaning products so I generally use combinations of vinegar, baking soda, and lemon juice when I clean. It takes longer but is much better on my hands. Anyway I did the sink, mirror, toilet, floor, and shelves with vinegar and such and still wasn't happy. So I busted out my rubber gloves (which I'm also slightly allergic to, but not as badly) and then wiped everything down again with a bleach cleaner and another disinfectant. That bathroom has never been so clean! How long until the guys mess it up again?

No comments:

Post a Comment