Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Food list

I've been browsing some foodie blogs and came across this fun list from http://www.verygoodtaste.co.uk/. It's about traditional Christmas meals, but that's okay! I am, as my mother says, a "baby cook" so don't be surprised that I've hardly made any of these things.

1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve tasted.
3) Place an asterisk after all the items you’ve cooked/prepared.
4) Optional: Cross out anything you never want to try, or add an exclamation mark after anything your really want to try. [I italicized things I don't want to try]

1. Crystallised or candied fruits
2. Egg nog
3. Bûche de Noël, or Yule log*
4. Rum balls

5. Bebinca!
6. Roasted chestnuts
7. Cavallucci!
8. Tourtière
9. Uszka(Not a fan of borscht, blech)
10. Port & Stilton
11. Hallaca!
12. Roast goose!
13. Lefse
14. Sugar plums!
15. Romeritos!
16. Pinnekjøtt
17. Hot toddy
18. Christmas cake
19. Tamales

20. Sorpotel
21. Panettone!
22. Candy canes
23. Pasteles

24. Speculaas
25. Makowiec!
26. Christmas pudding
27. Stollen!
28. Figgy pudding
29. Lebkuchen!
30. Turrón!
31. Mince pies*
32. Wassail bowls
33. Buñuelos!
34. Pio Quinto!
35. Marzipan fruits
36. Mulled wine*
37. King cake
38. Christmas beach barbecue (not really sure what this means?)
39. Cola de mono!
40. Lutefisk
41. Kutia!
42. Pizzelle
43. Dominostein!
44. Cranberry sauce* (My brothers and I used to work for a family friend's company that made gourmet cranberry sauce - it was delicious! I don't remember the recipe but my oldest brother does and I keep meaning to get him to write it down.)
45. Pfeffernüsse
46. Satsumas or clementines
47. Pumpkin pie*

48. Smalahove
49. Nut roast
50. Brandy butter!

It seems I am woefully unworldly in terms of holiday foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment