Sunday, January 11, 2009

Inaugural rant!

It was very difficult to choose a url for this blog. I wanted to find something clever, something that had a bit of meaning to me, but not something pretentious or emo-y. So I settled first on "Recordare", meaning "remember" in Latin, and a nice movement of the Mozart Requiem, then when that was taken I switched to "Lux Aeterna," meaning "eternal light," a bit religious but a fantastic movement of the Duruflé. Then finally I cast upon "In Paradisum," another great movement from the Duruflé but with even more religious connotations (blah). They were all taken.

Recordare - apparently a private blog
Luxaeterna - hasn't been updated since May 2004
Lux-aeterna - one post? not updated since March 2002
Inparadisum - hasn't been updated since February 2004
In-paradisum - a particularly emo blog that hasn't been updated since October 2003.

Grrr.

Finally I decided upon a line from Hila Plitman's poems used in Whitacre's "Five Hebrew Love Songs," figuring only a small number of people know that piece. I won. "Hachi rach" translates to "the softest place" and is the ending line of the set of poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment