Friday, February 13, 2009

weekend away

I have my first ever real job interview today! I've never had to go through this process before, so it's exciting but stressful. Not to mention I found out about it last minute, so I had to make plans to get myself to Manhattan and back. I drove down to my brother's apartment last night, and I'm staying with them until tomorrow, then I'll go see my other brother and his spawn before finally going to see John tomorrow night. And then I'll turn around and go back to Ithaca. Meh.

I hope to get some shopping in but it's seeming unlikely at this point. My interview is all the way downtown and I don't think I'll want to go back to midtown and wander around in my heels. But damn I need to go shopping - maybe I'll be able to tomorrow after seeing my brother and his family. I had my heart set on a bra fitting (the last one I had was when I was 15 probably!) at a nice place but my mother thinks I should put in my CV at some other places. My job prospects are not looking great - bad economy, just out of school with little experience - but there's a book binding shop I've had my eye on, maybe I could try there...

Anyway, I didn't realize until yesterday or so that I'll be spending Valentine's Day with the boy - it will be the first time in 4 years I'll "have a Valentine" (ew) and it's weirding me out a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment